Manchester United have signed Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk, the Premier League side have announced.United confirmed an agreement had been reached between themselves and Shakhtar for the transfer of Fred, the Brazil midfielder, earlier this month, although the 25-year-old was only confirmed as a Red Devil on Thursday, June 21. Fred has been brought to United from Shakhtar Donetsk of Ukraine 2 2 Fred is part of Brazil’s squad at the World Cup, but he did not take part in their opening match due to injury He becomes United’s second signing of the summer, after teenager Diogo Dalot arrived from Porto, and he’s penned a long-term contract.The Old Trafford club are reported to have paid around £52m for Fred, who was not involved in Brazil’s opening World Cup game – a 1-1 draw with Switzerland – as he recovers from an injury picked up in training prior to the start of the tournament.Fred made 155 appearances for Shakhtar between his arrival from Internacional in summer 2013 and the end of last season. He has previously been linked with signing for United’s local rivals Manchester City, before Jose Mourinho sanctioned the purchase of the midfielder.“Fred will complement our other midfielders’ qualities, which we need; his creative brain and passing vision will give us another dimension to our game. I am very happy he is joining our club and I believe our players know how important he can be in our team,” Mourinho said.The player, meanwhile, expressed his happiness the deal is now concluded.“This is the biggest club in the world and I am delighted to be a part of this amazing team,” he said. “To work with Jose Mourinho, who has won so many trophies in his time as a coach, is an opportunity not to be missed.”I cannot wait to get started and to meet my new team-mates. I would like to thank everyone at Shakhtar Donetsk for everything they have done for me over the past five years.This is a very exciting time for me with my focus now fully on the World Cup with Brazil.
Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018 Updated: 1:04 PM SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Border Patrol agents using coastal surveillance cameras spotted a human-smuggling boat approaching the shore and were waiting on a La Jolla beach to arrest 10 undocumented immigrants early Wednesday morning, authorities said.The nine men and one woman aboard the panga boat were all Mexican citizens, Border Patrol public-affairs Agent Tekae Michael said. Low-profile panga boats with outboard motors, which are made for fishing, are popular for smugglers hoping to avoid detections as they move drugs and humans from Mexico to the U.S.The arrests happened about 15 minutes after midnight Wednesday on the beach below Camino de la Costa and Winamar Avenue, a little south of Windansea Beach, Michael said. Border Patrol agents were waiting for the boat when it landed on the sandy shoreline.Agents this morning were processing the undocumented immigrants to determine who they were and if any have criminal histories in the U.S., Michael said. If they do, they could face charges, while the others will be processed for a quick return to Mexico. KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, Border Patrol arrests 10 illegal immigrants after panga boat lands in La Jolla
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Department of Public Works will be grinding and resurfacing the following roadways, potentially starting Wednesday, July 11, 2018:Shawsheen Avenue (Aldrich Road to Foot Bridge of Old Shawsheen Avenue)Carter Lane (Shawsheen Avenue to 23 Carter Lane)Sherburn Place (Shawsheen Avenue to End)During grinding and paving operations, the roadways will be closed to cut-through traffic. Area residents will have access to and from their properties, although there may be short delays. Please obey the directives of police details, detour signs, and warning signs during all construction operations.This date may be postponed due to inclement weather or scheduling delays with the Town’s roadway contractor.If you have any questions, or require additional information, please contact the Department of Public Works at 978-658-4481.(NOTE: The above announcement is from the Wilmington DPW.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedTRAFFIC ADVISORY: Wilmington DPW Announces Paving Projects In Arlene Ave. & Burt Rd. Neighborhoods On Aug. 12-13In “Government”TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Wilmington DPW Announces Upcoming Paving Projects For 8 StreetsIn “Government”TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Shawsheen Ave. Area Paving To Begin August 15In “Government”
The best SUVs for off-roading Driving Detroit: Pushing the fuel economy envelope More about 2020 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4×2 Quad Cab 6’4″ Box More From Roadshow News • 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel has tech, torque and towing capability in spades 5 2019 Chevy Malibu review: Swing and a miss Share your voice 22 Photos Now playing: Watch this: 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous Trucks SUVs Comments Preview • 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel first drive: More capability for an already solid fullsize truck 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better 8:39 Tags Enlarge ImageTruck and SUV owners want automakers to step it up with regards to efficiency. Chevrolet The auto industry as a whole has seen impressive gains in fuel economy in the past two decades, especially in the crossover SUV segment. Pickup trucks and larger SUVs, however, still suffer from pretty ho-hum fuel economy figures. It appears owners have started to take notice as a new Consumer Reports study revealed truck and SUV owners are interested in better fuel economy.Compared to the 42% of owners of all other vehicle types, the study revealed 73% of people driving a large SUV and pickup truck are interested in purchasing a vehicle with better fuel economy. The results follow an EPA report that noted large SUVs and pickups have fallen behind other segments with regards to fuel efficiency.Overall, fuel efficiency is still a high priority for American car buyers. Of the numerous categories, the majority of respondents (37%) said fuel economy is the area in most need of improvement for their next vehicle. The answer topped maintenance costs, purchase price and infotainment by at least 11 percentage points. Digging deeper into the fuel efficiency woes truck and SUV owners feel, they were nearly twice as likely to select fuel efficiency as the trait most desired for their next vehicle compared to owners of other vehicle types.Although the sample size was rather small at 1,078 US adults, 88% agreed fuel economy should continue to rise for all vehicle types. Further, 80% said fuel economy should increase to 40 mpg and the figure is a “worthwhile goal.” This is in contrast to current doings at the federal level. The Trump administration is finalizing weakened fuel economy and emissions regulations, though a handful of automakers have revolted and joined a pact with California that features a compromise standard.On the negative side of things, only 34% of Americans felt automakers truly cared about lowering fuel costs for buyers. The rest disagreed or were unsure.
Indian school children take part in a ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ cleaning campaign in Hyderabad on February 12, 2018.NOAH SEELAM/AFP/Getty Images [Representational Image]After the stipulation of minimum monthly wages, the private school fees are likely to witness a sheer hike in Bengaluru after the directive from the Department of Public Instruction (DPI).Even though the Associated Management of Private School in Karnataka (KAMS) has opposed the hike implemented by the government and has asked to withdraw its directive, many of the private schools are forced to increase their annual fees as to lower their burden over the increased salary payments.According to the new payment structure issued by the education department, the minimum wages for the teaching and non-teaching staff to be paid by the management are as follows:Teaching staffPrimary school teacher – Rs 25,800 per monthHigh school teacher – Rs 33,450 per monthNon-teaching staffFirst division clerk – Rs 27,650 per monthSecond division clerk – Rs 21,400 per monthD group employees – Rs 17,000 per monthIf the school management fails to adhere to the given set of instructions and does not pay the revised salary to its employee’s strict actions will be taken against the school.Though the school employees are happy about the revised salary package, the school authorities are planning on to make some of their extra-curricular activities optional as all the parents may not be able to bear the upgraded fees due to the hike in fees.According to the new directive, the school has to transfer the salary directly into their employee’s bank accounts. The rules are equally applicable for all unaided private schools, including the institutions following ICSE and CBSE syllabus.The department has also asked schools to put up flex boards of the reminders (with the measurement 6*10) with details of their updated fee structure outside the school. The schools will have to take a photograph of the same in an A4 format and submit it to the Cluster Resource Centre.
The UK conscious rapper on why his songs never get played on daytime radio, the 2017 general election, and whether he would ever go into politics. IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/2:51Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-2:50?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Close Akala: Theresa May and the Conservative Party patronise people
Pranav Saini is a familiar name on the field of fitness and social media. He is one of the fittest lad running around in the Modelling world. Pranav is an astonishing trainer. Many of the celebs follow his chart and his way of training from his youtube channel “Pranav Saini”. He is a real social media influencer of our time when it comes to fitness.Pranav is known for his dedication and commitment. He is very punctual in everything he does. He believes in reality, and he understands his role as a social media influencer, so he is always there to help people whether it is a celeb or ordinary person. He just loves his work and more important he loves to see people around him remains fit and fab.He is not a theatrical person he believes in implementing things, and according to him, you cannot achieve things by talking, you have to work hard to make the fit and robust body. Pranav’s working way is helping many A-grade people from a different field, and his popularity is increasing day by day.Pranav is a different kind of fitness Guru he influences models with his work, and he is a veteran of this fitness world as he has experience is off nearly a decade in this field, and he has many followers all around the globe who believes in his work.Pranav believes every model or actor has to follow certain things regularly, you cannot focus only on muscles, your entire body should be fit and fab, and if you can achieve that, then your face glow will be different from ordinary models and actors.Pranav’s achievement list is significant as he has won several fitness titles and competitions across the globe. His best performance came when he Represented India in ‘IFBB Amature Olympia Asia Men’s Physique ‘(8th Rank) in 2017 hence bringing glory to the nation. Hmm! This list shows his sheer talent, and it shows his capabilities too. Kudos champ to achieve this many things under 30 is not a small thing.Seriously this young lad has achieved so many things in a short period, and becoming a brand ambassador for top brands is not a small thing to accomplish at a tender age, it needs dedication and hard work. We hope he keeps making a difference in people’s life positively with his IG videos, YouTube videos, pictures, and we are sure that he will bring many more titles from various parts of the world.IBT does not endorse any of the above content.
FacebookA journalist working with a Malayalam newspaper was killed after his bike was hit by a car allegedly driven by Sriram Venkataraman, an IAS officer from Kerala. The incident happened at midnight in Thiruvananthapuram. Several regional media outlets reported eyewitness claims that the IAS officer was completely drunk during the time of the accident.According to eyewitnesses, Venkataraman was at the wheel at the time of the accident. He was accompanied by a lady passenger. At around 01.35 AM, the car hit the bike and skidded to the wall of a public office. The journalist, KM Basheer, who works with ‘Siraj’, died instantly after sustaining serious head injuries. Shafeeq, an auto driver who was apparently present at the time of the accident, revealed that Venkataraman was drunk. “After the car hit the two-wheeler, a man came out from the driving seat. He was in a drunken state and his car was running at high speed,” he said, according to the Indian Express. It has been reported that the police did not subject Venkataraman or his friend to a medical examination. Instead, they booked a prepaid cab and sent the woman home. Venkataraman, who had some injuries on his hand, was later admitted to the general hospital. However, police officers did not insist on collecting the blood samples of the IAS officer even after doctors informed them that he was under the influence of alcohol.It was on August 01 that Sriram Venkataraman got posted as the Director of Survey and Land Records. The accident has already created an uproar on social media. Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports said the police plan to arrest the IAS officer.Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and Leader of Opposition Ramesh Chennithala have condoled the death of the journalist.
Egyptians gather around bodies following a gun and bombing attack at the Rawda mosque, roughly 40 kilometres west of the North Sinai capital of El-Arish, on 24 November 2017. A bomb explosion ripped through the mosque before gunmen opened fire on the worshippers gathered for weekly Friday prayers, officials said. Photo: AFPArmed attackers on Friday killed at least 235 worshippers in a bomb and gun assault on a packed mosque in Egypt’s restive North Sinai province, state media reported, the country’s deadliest attack in recent memory.A bomb explosion ripped through the Rawda mosque frequented by Sufis roughly 40 kilometres west of the North Sinai capital of El-Arish before gunmen opened fire on those gathered for weekly Friday prayers, officials said.Witnesses said the assailants had surrounded the mosque with all-terrain vehicles then planted a bomb outside.The gunmen then mowed down the panicked worshippers as they attempted to flee and used the congregants’ vehicles they had set alight to block routes to the mosque.State television reported at least 235 people were killed and 109 wounded in the attack, the scale of which is unprecedented in a four-year insurgency by Islamist extremist groups.Egyptians gather around bodies following a gun and bombing attack at the Rawda mosque, roughly 40 kilometres west of the North Sinai capital of El-Arish, on 24 November, 2017. Photo: AFPEgypt’s presidency declared three days of mourning, state television reported, as President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi met his security ministers to follow developments.UK foreign minister Boris Johnson condemned the “barbaric attack” in a post on Twitter, while his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian expressed his condolences to the families of victims of the “despicable attack”.Ahmed Abul Gheit, head of the Arab League, which is based in Cairo, condemned the “terrifying crime which again shows that Islam is innocent of those who follow extremist terrorist ideology,” his spokesman said in a statement.- IS targeting of Sufis -There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.The Islamic State group’s Egypt branch has killed hundreds of policemen and soldiers, and also civilians accused of working with the authorities, in attacks in the north of the Sinai peninsula.They have also targeted followers of the mystical Sufi branch of Sunni Islam as well as Christians.The victims of Friday’s attack included civilians and conscripts praying at the mosque.A tribal leader and head of a Bedouin militia that fights IS told AFP that the mosque is known as a place of gathering for Sufis.Map of Egypt locating El-Arish in the northern Sinai region, where dozens of people were killed in an attack by gunmen on Friday, 24 November. / AFPThe Islamic State group shares the puritan Salafi view of Sufis as heretics for seeking the intercession of saints.The jihadists had previously kidnapped and beheaded an elderly Sufi leader, accusing him of practising magic which Islam forbids, and abducted Sufi practitioners later released after “repenting.”An IS propaganda outlet had published an interview earlier with the commander of its “morality police” in Sinai who said their “first priority was to combat the manifestations of polytheism including Sufism.”The group has killed more than 100 Christians in church bombings and shootings in Sinai and other parts of Egypt, forcing many to flee the peninsula.The military has struggled to quell jihadists who pledged allegiance to IS in November 2014.IS regularly conducts attacks against soldiers and policemen in the peninsula bordering Israel and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, although the frequency and scale of such attacks has diminished over the past year.The jihadists have since increasingly turned to civilian targets, attacking not only Christians and Sufis but also Bedouin Sinai inhabitants accused of working with the army.Aside from IS, Egypt also faces a threat from Al-Qaeda-aligned jihadists who operate out of neighbouring Libya.A group calling itself Ansar al-Islam — Supporters of Islam in Arabic — claimed an October ambush in Egypt’s Western Desert that killed at least 16 policemen.Many of those killed belonged to the interior ministry’s secretive National Security Service.The military later conducted air strikes on the attackers, killing their leader Emad al-Din Abdel Hamid, a most wanted jihadist who was a military officer before joining an Al-Qaeda-affiliated group in Libya’s militant stronghold of Derna.