LocalNews Anse-De-Mai reconstructed health centre opens by: – May 8, 2012 31 Views no discussions Anse-De-Mai reconstructed health centreThe Ministry of Health on Thursday May 03, 2012 officially opened a 245 thousand EC dollar reconstructed health Centre in the village of Anse De Mai. This health facility serves the communities of Bense, An Soldat and Anse De Mai. . It houses a doctor’s office, casualty section/ screening room, waiting area, pharmacy and washroom facilitiesThe health centre will provide the suitable setting to help improve the quality of services for clients, staff and the people of communities.Health Minister Julius Timothy, in his remarks said healthcare is one of his government’s key strategic priorities for the next five years “Government’s aim is to focus on output and activities contributing to a long life for all Dominicans. The key objective is to increase life expectancy of citizens and ensure all people have access to health care.” The Minister encouraged the people to make good use the facility as their first line of care and refrain from accessing the Portsmouth hospital unnecessarily.The Ministry of health has embarked a plan to upgrade and improve health facilities around the island. So far the Ministry has upgraded more than eight health facilities.The Ross University School of Medicine also made a substantial donation of office furniture and medical supplies.During the ceremony two nurses who worked in the communities for over 28 years were recognised. Retired Nurse Practitioner Helena Wallace and Health Educator Adora Toussaint received long serve awards.The health facility was constructed by Stewco Construction Company.Press Release Share Share Share Sharing is caring! Tweet
Loading… The Georgian Football Federation revealed on Wednesday it was taking the measure in accordance with its “high priority” for players’ and supporters’ health. Even at this, the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner is not discouraged from staying match-fit despite not knowing when next he will take to the field. Read Also:Georgian club, Dinamo Batumi unveil Godfrey Oboabona “Business for me as usual. To my dear friends and family, do stay safe. Let’s endeavour to stay healthy to live and also to enjoy the game of football when it resumes,” Oboabona tweeted. The Dinamo Batumi defender is training hard to stay fit despite the pandemic which has put a pause to footballing activities in major leagues across the globe. Matches in Georgia’s national football leagues have been suspended until April as a measure against the spread of Covid-19.Advertisement Nigeria international, Godfrey Oboabona, seems not to be worried about the coronavirus. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?What Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?8 Things To Expect If An Asteroid Hits Our Planet7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Theories About The Death Of Our UniverseBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThailand’s 10 Most Iconic LandmarksThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More
Being a record entry for the tournament in recent times and the countries expected in the Ocean Island include – host, Mauritius, Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Gabon, Angola, Burkina Faso, Congo Brazzaville, Cameroun, Somalia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Madagascar, Togo, Benin Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, South Africa, Djibouti, Comoros, Libya, Eritrea and Congo DRC.For the ATTF boss, this is a good development for the continent. “Yes I am so happy in following up the expected good number of entries in-spite of the received information from National Associations, hoping that all could do it and come with us to Mauritius soon,” the ATTF boss said.Aside the tournament, Khaled El-Salhy said the Mauritius would afford the reconsider its new strategic plan for the next few years. “This time we have a special ITTF/ATTF Forum “Table Tennis For All. For Life” holding on 3 to 4 September in which we are planning to conduct our new continental Strategic Plan for the coming years of 2018 to 2024. ATTF is looking to conduct a special Strategic Plan satisfying the needs of all African Associations with a great concentration for the activities through Regions in the future in which more small nations could come with less cost. ”He is confidence that Mauritius can stage a befitting event. “As per experience we have very successful events in Mauritius (i.e. African Seniors Championship in 1998 & 2004 plus African Juniors & Cadet Championship in 2015) with a very fantastic performance from Mauritius Table Tennis Association (MTTA), thus I am expecting to have a very special event as one of the top professional organization in Africa.”To update the knowledge of the players on the importance of the media, Khaled El-Salhy said there is plan to stage a media workshop for players and teams during the Mauritius party, while the Executive Council cum Council Board meetings will also take place.On his expectations, he said: “I am expecting some sort of big competition that leads for a breakdown variation of gold medals between more countries.”On plans for the future, he added: “Next year is an essential one as we will start our way for qualification to Tokyo 2020, with the first being the 2019 African Games in Morocco in which we will know the teams in Men and Women to represent Africa in the team events of Tokyo 2020. After that by the start of 2020, we will go on for the 2nd step of qualification to the remaining slots for singles and mixed doubles, and this step will be together with the 2020 ITTF-Africa Top 16 Cup within the first quarter of 2020.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The already confirmed 22 teams including continent’s powerhouses – Nigeria and Egypt are expected to battle for the 2019 ITTF World Team Cup at the 2018 ITTF African Championships holding in Mauritius between September 3 and 9.According to the President, African Table Tennis Federation (ATTF), Khaled El-Salhy, the two teams (men and women) that will represent Africa at the World Team Cup holding in November 2019 will be known at the end of the team event in Mauritius.“The Mauritius will also serve as the qualification for the next World Team Cup to be held in November 2019 in Tokyo as a test event for Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 in Japan,” he said.